Have you suffered a dog bite due to a dog owner’s negligence? If you were attacked by a dog and received injuries due, we can help you recover damages for your medical expenses, any lost wages you may have, and even your physical pain and suffering. A dog owner can be found negligent if he fails to have his dog on a leash in a park requiring leashes as well as in other situations. It is important that you get, at the minimum, the name and number of the dog owner in order for us to properly evaluate your potential dog bite personal injury case.
I may not be the only Southlake, Texas dog bite attorney, but at my law office, the specific attorney that is assigned to your case will set up your insurance claim, negotiate with the adjuster and file a lawsuit if necessary. There are many confusing and complex steps to negotiating a bodily injury claim. It is also extremely important that a well-drafted demand is sent to the insurance company that carefully lays out the medical expenses, lost wages and pain and suffering you have endured directly as a result of the dog bite.
Do not try to pursue a bodily injury claim against an insurance company alone. I represent Texans throughout the state with their personal injury claims including the local Southlake, Keller and Fort Worth, Texas areas. If you have been injured in a dog attack, I will work hard for you and fight for the compensation you deserve. Call me today!
If you have been injured in a dog attack, there are several important things you need to know:
- Check your injuries and seek medical attention immediately. Lack of immediate medical treatment could potentially result in serious injury, infection or worse.
- Obtain the dog owner’s contact information including his or her homeowner’s insurance information.
- Obtain information from all witnesses including their name, address and telephone number. Also, obtain the number for your incident report if authorities are notified.
- Take photos of your injuries. It is difficult to convey damages to a jury without photos of the bodily injuries involved.
- Do not give a recorded statement to the insurance company without competent legal representation. The insurance company will request a recorded statement from you in order to properly investigate the claim. However, you can greatly damage your case if you are not properly prepared prior to the statement. Our Southlake dog bite attorneys will sufficiently prepare you for all recorded statements so that you are comfortable and understand the process beforehand.
- If you have missed work due to the dog attack, be sure to keep all doctor’s notes showing that the treating doctor has taken you off work. It is often difficult to get an insurance company to pay for lost wages unless a doctor has actually taken you off work due to the injuries you received.
Please note this is not an all-inclusive list. If you have been injured as a result of a dog attack, seek legal representation immediately. I will be happy to assist you.